GSI Industrial Automation & Controls
Whether it’s bringing a new facility online, integrating a new process area or upgrading an existing system, Automation and Controls projects are often challenging for industrial companies. Keeping up with the latest technologies, industry standards, regulations and trends is difficult, expensive and takes your valuable staff away from your core mission.
Your industrial automation specialists
Our mission is to provide our clients with world-class Industrial Automation and Process Control solutions using the best available components and platforms, regardless of the manufacturer. This approach to meeting automation requirements gives you choices and options. By providing the best engineered solutions to meet client needs, GSI delivers an uncompromising focus on customer satisfaction and business value.
GSI Industrial Automation and Controls
At GSI, we are experts at integrating new systems and upgrades into existing “brownfield” installations. Our unique structure of integrated office-based and field-based professional resources along with our familiarity with a wide array of industrial facilities, systems and cultures offer many advantages. These include improved efficiency of development and implementation processes, continuity of service providers throughout the project lifecycle and improved facilitation and transition to operations’ acceptance.
- We are hardware and software “agnostic”
- We maintain all major control systems and SCADA package brands including Honeywell, AspenTech, DeltaV, Siemens, Rockwell, GE, EMC, Modicon, Moore, Provox, Schneider Electric and many others
- We have Integrator Agreements and Implementation Service Provider Agreements with:
- Our team has extensive knowledge of remote North Slope Producers’ facilities and systems
- Broad support from 30-year-old legacy to today’s modern technologies
- Experienced at delivering O&M support as a “managed service”
Our proven methodology ensures that we provide industrial automation and controls solutions that meet your requirements.
- Automation contractor/systems integration
- Project management and project controls, including P6 utilization
- Value engineering assessment
- System functional specification
- Automation & process control design, configuration and testing
- Control system architecture and technology selection
- System configuration (SCADA, DCS, PLC, HMI)
- Communication and network design
- Specification of instrumentation and final control elements
- Safety Instrumented Systems
- Fire & Gas system implementation
- DCS, PLC, RTU and SIS Engineering
- Database development and Industrial cybersecurity
- ISA 18.2 compliant alarm management
- HMI development and modification
- Field commissioning, loop checks, start-up and site acceptance
- Operator training
- Long-term facility support and maintainability
Benefits of a GSI Industrial Automation and Controls solution
- Reduce Total Cost of Ownership on automation and controls
- Reduce project costs
- Reduce complexity
- Reduce downtime
- Reduce energy cost
- Improve quality
- Increase productivity
- Enhance safety
GSI’s sister company in the Koniag Energy and Water Services sector
Together with our sister company, Dowland-Bach, we offer the only fully vertically integrated supplier of automation and controls systems in Alaska. Our combined capabilities allow us to execute projects from early conceptual design through decommissioning, including engineering, procurement, fabrication, FAT, field services, commissioning, training, documentation and long-term O&M support. No other business partner can offer this truly integrated approach. And, with sixty years of combined automation and control industry experience, you can count on GSI / DB to be around to meet your needs far into the future. When you partner with us, you get local companies with a local workforce and the backing of an Alaska Native Corporation, Koniag, Inc.
CONTACT US TODAY
Glacier Services Inc. is part of The Koniag Energy and Water Services sector and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koniag, Inc., an Alaska Native Regional Corporation (ANC) formed pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act of 1971 (ANCSA).
PO Box 15
Palmer, Alaska 99507
(907) 277-3077 - Anchorage
(907) 745-6487 - Palmer